Friday, September 3, 2010

Nile made me do it!

Nile is forcing me to update!  MYEAH!
Even though I don't like any of my sketches this time...

Here is a sketch that I did in class, I was trying to draw free handed without using the 'circle skeleton guide', just go straight into drawing the features instead of a gestural drawing first.  I kinda do that a lot when I'm just doodling to get used to doing a large variety of arches and angles on the first try, even though they don't look like much they are awesome practice and fun to do too! :D
I can't remember what I was thinking when I did this, but for some reason I like the monkey kid.  (Sorry that the page is at an angle, it makes him look kinda scrunched up, but hes not really!  Honest!)
And this last one is Ashley from the Evil dead series (technically he didn't acquire the chainsaw hand until Evil Dead 2 *giggle snort*)  My roomie and I decided to set up the xbox in the commons to watch it on the big tv, only to have everybody and their brother come by and make fun of the stop motion effects...  BLASPHEMY  (Aren't art kids supposed to be open minded? *sob sob*)




Welp that's all for now. . .  I wish I had a better way to end this post, like a nice conclusion paragraph to frame the nice meaty and juicy parts of this fantabulous post but uh... bai.

2 comments:

  1. JUDGE JUDGE JUDGE I'M JUDGING YOU!!1 SJAFHAKFKJHAsafashkd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the face on the page next to Ashely! :D

    ReplyDelete